Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 4: 750M memory allocated

Hi,

When you allocate the 750M to push the app for Lab 4: then if it run correctly, and I logout after it, then the allocate 750M will be freely?

Thx,

Pilar

Comments

• As per my understanding, as long as app in running in cloud foundry 750M memory will remain allocated to this app. Only when you stop the app using command cf stop , then memory gets freed up. Just doing cf logout won't free any memory allocated to running apps since these apps will keep running even when you do cf logout

• Hi Pilar,

Your app will continue running and will continue to consume memory. If you want to free up memory and not incur any consumption charges, you need to delete your app.

• Thank guys. I appreciated it.

• @spgreenberg
    You mentioned in your response .."..If you want to free up memory and not incur any consumption charges, you need to delete your app. "
    Just stopping the app using cf stop won't free up the memory?

• @ashish561980 My apologies, I should have been more clear. Stopping the app will free memory. However, it won't necessarily stop charges as some providers keep that memory reserved in case you start the app. It is entirely up to the provider. In the case of Pivotal Web Services, they do not charge for stopped apps.

• Since I on Pivotal Web, means not charge, but I stop it. Thanks so much.

Categories

Upcoming Training