Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

New course version is now live!

Hello,

A new course version of LFS252 went live today!

Big updates include:

• Labs updated to use the Pike version of OpenStack.
  • Labs migrated to a new lab environment provider - more stability.
  • Much easier to get access to lab environment, which should be almost instant.
  • Improved accessibility.

To ensure you have access to the latest updates, please clear your cache before accessing the course.

We hope you will have a great learning experience and enjoy the new LFS252.

Regards,

The Linux Foundation Training Team

Comments

• I can't access the new labs. I completed the google form about 28 hours ago but katakoda keeps asking my email address and if I'm a human being. So much for the "much easier" access :wink:

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886

We apologize for the inconvenience. We contacted Katacoda in regards to this issue, and hope to resolve it asap.

• fcioanca

Hi @dr4Ke, you should now have access to the lab environment. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience!

• I am also not able to access the lab environment. Same issue.

• fcioanca

We are working to streamline the process. In the meantime, you should receive access to the lab environment in up to 1 business day from the moment you provided your email on the Google Form. Thank you for your patience while we work to improve things on the backend.

• @fcioanca said:

We are working to streamline the process. In the meantime, you should receive access to the lab environment in up to 1 business day from the moment you provided your email on the Google Form. Thank you for your patience while we work to improve things on the backend.

Hello @fcioanca , I wanted to start Lab 2.1 and the form just keep asking my email again and again. I should just wait for the access as you mentioned above? Thanks.

• fcioanca

Hi @bence.bokor Please wait to receive access. The Katacoda system keeps asking for your email if you don't have access or if you cleared your cache and does not recognize your email automatically.

• @fcioanca said:
    Hi @bence.bokor Please wait to receive access. The Katacoda system keeps asking for your email if you don't have access or if you cleared your cache and does not recognize your email automatically.

Hi @fcioanca , thanks for the quick response. I'll wait. BR, Bence

• I encountered the same issue as dr4Ke, asking me to enter email and click "mountains or hills" or "cars" or whatever else but just not to let me connect into the lab :(

• fcioanca
    edited September 2018

Hi @unitiger
    Can you please follow my advice given to all students that have posted in this thread and wait until you are actually given access? It may take up to one business day. If you still cannot access it after that, please let us know.

Categories

Upcoming Training