Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

setup of k8smaster node. unable to recognize "calico.yaml":

raghava.cheruku
raghava.cheruku Posts: 7
edited July 2018 in LFD259 Class Forum

Lab setup is not working. I newly learning this course, and as per the lab guide, I am trying to setup the k8smaster node.

I have a OracleVMbox with 2 vcpus with 8gb momery Ubuntu 16.04.3 server OS version installed.  when I run the command " sh lfd259/k8sMaster.sh"  I see the following error.

unable to recognize "calico.yaml": Get https://192.168.0.109:6443/api?timeout=32                                                                           s: dial tcp 192.168.0.109:6443: connect: connection refused

unable to recognize "calico.yaml": Get https://192.168.0.109:6443/api?timeout=32                                                                           s: dial tcp 192.168.0.109:6443: connect: connection refused

can anyone saw same issue, could some help.

Regards

Raghava.

Comments

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,155

Hi Raghava, 

VirtualBox setup is a bit tricky when it comes to networking. The nodes - master and minions, need to connect to the internet and also need to be able to connect/talk to each other. 

How is your networking setup?

When I attempted to run the labs on vbox I had to have 1 bridged adapter with "allow all" option enabled on each VM/node for the networking to work properly. Also, the firewall should be disabled on each Ubuntu VM for the purpose of these labs. You can check the firewall status with: 

ufw status

It should be "inactive". If active, you can disable it.

I also used the nc (netcat) command to test the communication between master and minion nodes.

Regards, 

-Chris 

• raghava.cheruku
    edited July 2018

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply.  I tested the "ufw status" firewall was inactive, and both nodes can ping and ssh each other.

However I did not understand what caused the issue. I reinstalled everything fresh. and second attempt worked with out any issue.

So,everything fine now.

Regards

Raghava.

• raghava.cheruku
    edited July 2018

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply.  I tested the "ufw status" firewall was inactive, and both nodes can ping and ssh each other.

However I did not understand what caused the issue. I reinstalled everything fresh. and second attempt worked with out any issue.

So,everything fine now.

Regards

Raghava.

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,155

Glad it all works now. 

One more thing I forgot to mention before was the vbox guest additions. They also play a key role in the proper functionality of the VMs.

Categories

Upcoming Training