Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Did somebody attempted LFS258 exam ?

ManiNagaraj
ManiNagaraj Posts: 1
edited December 2017 in LFS258 Class Forum

I would like to know , does thet exam structure, do we need to setup cluster is that the first section ?

Comments

• maniankara
    maniankara Posts: 11
    edited December 2017

Is there a LFS258 exam? I completed the course and didnt find one. Or did you mean CKA?

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000

There is no exam with LFS258.   There is a CKA exam, which has a strict confidentiality agreement and stiff penalty.  It precludes any discussion of what is on the exam. The CNCF.io foundation provides a guide for what one should know and expect:  https://github.com/cncf/curriculum/blob/master/certified_kubernetes_administrator_exam_v1.8.0.pdf

• jaredemendel
    jaredemendel Posts: 1
    edited January 2018
  • rgruyters
    rgruyters Posts: 2
    edited June 2018

On the website stated:

This course is designed as preparation for the Kubernetes Certified Administrator Exam.

I disagree. The differences between the LFS258 cource and the CKA is too big. For example, as the curriculum stated that you need understanding of Kubernetes cluster upgrade process, implement backup and restore, troubleshooting, etc. those are not covered by LFS258 course. For me, this means you can't do the exam just based on the training. I think that the Linux Foundation should add an extra course for this to cover the right things for the exam. The LFS258 gives you a good basis of the fundementals of Kubernetes. (hence the name of the course) Not for the exam.

• serewicz

Hello rgruyters,

Thank you for the feedback. I will discuss with the marketing and website folks the best way to proceed. The idea of a preparation is not necesarilly the same as covers all topics and is 100% the same as the exam. The book mentions that the course and experience working with the product will be part of overall exam preparation.  When I hear back from the other groups I will add a reply here.

Kind regards,

• rgruyters
    rgruyters Posts: 2

Hi serrewicz,

You talked about a book. What book? Did I had to order it separately from the course?

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,879

Tim was referring to the candidate handbook with guidelines for certification, which is available to download for free.

• serewicz
    edited June 2018

Hello,

Thank you, yes I was refering to the candidate handbook. I apologize for the confusion.

Regards,

• sdalziel
    sdalziel Posts: 17

For those who have challenged the Certified Kubernetes Administrator exam, what other resources have you used that you felt bridged the requirements between the exam & knowledged imparted by the LFS258 - Kubernetes Fundementals?

For me, I bought the "Humble Bundle - DevOps Bundle" from a few months ago. It provided the following Kubernetes related titles.

Videos - Pakt - Learning Kubernetes 

Book - Pakt - Getting Started with Kubernetes 2nd edtion

Book - Pakt - DevOps with Kubernetes

Book - Pakt - Docker & Kubernetes for Java Developers

Book - Pakt - Mastering Kubernetes

Plus, several books detailing other automation & DevOps topics.

Categories

Upcoming Training