Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Typo in Lab 7.1

Options
jsissom
jsissom Posts: 8
edited April 2018 in LFS258 Class Forum

In step 15, the system is IsolatedPod not isolated.

Comments

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000
    Options

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. I will make sure to update the course.

Regards,

• nicobenaz
    nicobenaz Posts: 1
    Options

I think I found an error in labs whose PDF has version--> LFS258: V 2018-02-15

In particular the chapter 7.1, point 14: after removing the ReplicaSet, the pod surviving is the one, which had its label modified (at point 10).

So the final pod running is rs-one-2p9x4 and not rs-one-3c6pb, as shown in #14

Your opinion on this?

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000
    Options

Hello,

In step 10 we edit the label of the the pod rs-one-3c6pb. Then in step 13 delete the replica set it used to be part of. The -2p9x4 had a label which matched the replica set being deleted, so was deleted as well.  As the label for -3c6pb  was not part of the replica set it was not deleted. It should be the only one running once the replica set finishes shutting down.

Regards,

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,165
    Options

Hi, 

I agree with you that there are some minor inconsistencies in this lab between steps 10, 12, 13, 14.

In step 10 pod rs-one-3c6pb is isolated, then in steps 13 and 14 the same pod rs-one-3c6pb survives the ReplicaSet deletion. However, in step 12 the output shows a different pod as isolated, and this may cause a bit of confusion. My guess is that it has something to do with copy/paste between terminal and documentation, and then with text formatting for the course manual.  

The output in step 12 and the typos pointed out earlier will be updated in the course.

Regards, 

-Chris

Categories

Upcoming Training