Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

LFD259 - Kubernetes for Developers is now live!

fcioanca
fcioanca Posts: 1,887
edited May 2018 in LFD259 Class Forum

Hi,

LFD259 - Kubernetes for Developers is now live. This course will teach you how to containerize, host, deploy, and configure an application in a multi-node cluster. The topics covered are directly aligned with the knowledge domains tested by the CNCF Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) program, and will substantially increase your ability to become certified.

One great way to interact with your peers taking this course is using the Class Forum:

• Discuss concepts, tools, and technologies presented in this course, or related to the topics discussed in the course material.
  • Ask questions about the course content.
  • Share resources and ideas related to Kubernetes.

When starting a thread, be as specific as you can, both in the title and the body of the thread, identified the chapter and page you are referring to.

We hope you have a great learning experience!

Flavia

The Linux Foundation Training Team

Comments

• mrmcmuffinz
    mrmcmuffinz Posts: 9
    edited May 2018
    Hi, I'm excited to start this course(actually just started it 30 mis ago) however I was kinda interested in knowing which version of Kubernetes is this course based off of?
  • To answer my own question, it looks like the course is based on kubernetes version 1.9.x however I find it a bit odd when the CKAD handbook says it is based off of version 1.10.x
  • chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,155
    edited May 2018

Hi, so far I completed most labs following the instructions for version 1.9.1. I believe the Kubernetes version changed to 1.10.x about the same time the course was released. I am planning on going thru the labs one more time, this time on latest version 1.10.x to see if anything will change. I do not expect major differences, but I will post my findings.

Hope you find this course as much fun as I did!

-Chris

Categories

Upcoming Training