Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 7.1 ,7.2 and 7.3

Joaocfernandes
Joaocfernandes Posts: 5
edited March 2018 in LFS258 Class Forum

With the new labs version (2018-02-15) , in the lab 7.1 and 7.2 using the sample files rs.yaml and ds.yaml .

Firs question why are we using apiVersion: extensions/v1beta1?

Notice that on Lab7.1 , Step 10 there is a typo pod edition is requested to "IsolatedPod", later step 12 "isolated" is shown and step 15 "isolated" label is used.

Regarding Lab 7.2, this was the edit used ds.yaml file.

joaocfernandes@master-node:~$ cat ds.yaml apiVersion: extensions/v1beta1 kind: DaemonSet metadata: name: rs-one spec: replicas: 2 template: metadata: labels: system: DaemonSetOne spec: containers: - name: nginx image: nginx:1.7.9 ports: - containerPort: 80 joaocfernandes@master-node:~$ kubectl create -f ds.yaml error: error validating "ds.yaml": error validating data: ValidationError(DaemonSet.spec): unknown field "replicas" in io.k8s.api.extensions.v1beta1.DaemonSetSpec; if you choose to ignore these errors, turn validation off with --validate=false

I can't create the DaemonSet with this YAML, although I could and tried with the one provided in https://kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/workloads/controllers/daemonset/ .

This also affects directly the lab 7.3 which I cannot do.

Best Regards,

João

Comments

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,155
    edited March 2018

Hi, I am not sure if we are both looking at the same version of the lab, however, mine gives some instructions at Lab 7.2 ex 1. on how to convert from the rs to ds yaml file:

"1. We begin by creating a yaml file. In this case the kind would be set to DaemonSet. For ease of use we will copy the

previously created rs.yaml file and make a couple edits. Remove the Replicas: 2 line. Be aware in future API

versions, starting with v1.8, you may need to declare a Pod selector."

These instructions worked for me.

Good luck!

-Chris

• Joaocfernandes
    Joaocfernandes Posts: 5
    edited March 2018

Hello Chris,

Yes , you're right I missed the part about the replica removal!

Thank you

João

• lfarizav
    lfarizav Posts: 6
    edited February 2021

Personally, I strongly believe all labs should be rebuilt. It is difficul or impossible to do the labs. The author made a lot of assumptions the lab should explain. Labs are very weak and the exam is hard, so not only the theory but also the practice should be similar to the exam.

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. Thousands of been able to complete the labs as written.

Regards,

Categories

Upcoming Training