Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Exam room requirements

senshi
senshi Posts: 2

Hi all,

I've scheduled my exam and I am curious about one of the requirements - the one stating that the desk should be free of electronics. I'll take the exam on my laptop, connected to my router by an Ethernet cable. At the same desk, I also have my desktop and its monitor. Will that be a problem for the exam? (desktop will be turned off during exam). I want to minimize any potential connection issues and really want to avoind having to use wifi from a random corner of the house.

Comments

• Hi Senshi,

I don't see any requirement like that, can you provide a screenshot or paste the text of it, please?

Anyway, I don't see how these devices can be a problem.

Regards,

Luis.

• senshi
    senshi Posts: 2
    edited March 2018

Hi Luis,

In the exam candidate handbook there is a line stating "Desk must be clear of all notes and electronics"

I assume it refers to running computers or phones, but I wanted to make sure so I don't get any surprises when I'm about to start the exam

• luisviveropena
    luisviveropena Posts: 1,144

Hi Senshi,

Yes, I bet it's for using the abilities and knowledge the student has accumulated in the training, instead reading notes during the exam. So I don't think you case is going to be a problem.

Regards,

Luis.

Categories

Upcoming Training