Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Unable to navigate to 6.1. Logging & Metrics page

When using the right arrow button from 5.12. Key Takeaways I am presented with "Chapter 6. Logging & Metrics". However, the drop down shows "6.1. Logging & Metrics" but it should display "Chapter 6. Logging & Metrics". Navigating away from this page with the right arrow button I am presented with "6.2. Developer and Operator Use Cases".

The page titled "6.1. Logging & Metrics" is not reachable.

Comments

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,880
    edited November 2017

Hi,

We have tried to replicate the issue you have reported, but were unable to. We have been able to successfully navigate from 5.12 to 6.1, using all navigation methods available - the next arrow in the course, the keyboard arrow, as well selecting the page from the dropdown table of content. Everything seems to work fine. 

Regards,

Flavia

• fcioanca
    edited November 2017

Hi,

We would also suggest that you clear your cache whenever you encounter navigation issues similar to this, or when encountering odd behavior. Usually, clearing the cache resolves all such issues.

Best,

Flavia

• Hi,

I have cleared the cache in Chrome and I have tried it in Safari (which was never used to access your site) and I am still getting the issue.

Did I make the problem clear? Although the drop-down menu displays "6.1. Logging & Metrics" the page that is actually displayed is "Chapter 6. Logging & Metrics".

If you open the drop-down you will see both "Chapter 6. Logging & Metrics" and "6.1. Logging & Metrics" but only one of these options is reachable.

Regards

Malcolm

• Hi,

I have tried clearing the cache in Chrome and also trying Safari and I still have the same issue.

Although "6.1. Logging & Metrics is displayed in the drop-down box the page that is actually displayed is "Chapter 6. Logging & Metrics".

"6.1. Logging & Metrics" is definitely unreachable.

Regards

Malcolm

• fcioanca
    edited November 2017

Hi Malcolm,

If what you see when you say that Chapter 6. Logging & Metrics is displayed, this is actually page 6.1, as reflected by the dropdown as well. The first page in each chapter has the chapter number and title, as well as a short summary of the chapter, similar to the one displayed here, and they are numbered x.1, x being the chapter name.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

Regards,

Flavia

6.1. Logging & Metrics

• malcsaunders
    malcsaunders Posts: 6
    edited November 2017

Hi Flavia,

I see what you mean. I was just flicking through before starting the course and happened to notice that. I see that the rest of the course is the same as you have mentioned.

I do think that it is a little confusing though having two logical pages in the drop-down represented by one physical page.

But thanks for explaining and of course your valuable time.

Regards

Malcolm

• fcioanca

Hi Malcolm,

I am glad we were able to figure things out and clarify them. The way pages/chapters are displayed in the table of contents is due to the design software, as well as how the platform reads the files. We apologize if it creates some confusion.

We hope you will enjoy the course, and learn a lot!

Regards,

Flavia

Categories

Upcoming Training