Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

New to Linux.com

Howdy, All,

I'm new to this forum. I'm also new to Linux. I've used Windows since v3.1. I attempted to install Red Hat about 10 years ago and found that I didn't know enough to configure it. I gave up and went back to Windows. Now, 10 years later, I'm going to give it a go again and hope the installation will be more user friendly. I'm going to start with Linux Lite in hopes it will not require me to know machine language or anything. I'm not into this for the fun of making it work. I just want to get into a good non-Windows-or-Mac environment. Reality tells me I will still need Windows because of the nature of the software I use but I can make a dual boot and only go there when needed.

On another note, where do I go to set the forum preferences? I'm not new to forums but all I can find on this one is how to put in an avatar and make a signature line.

Looking forward to learning Linux here. Robert

Comments

• Exoticstan
    Exoticstan Posts: 3
    edited November 2017

I'd like to learn a lot here too and share my knowledge of internet security here especially as regards The Best VPNs to help you hide your identity online. But then, I need to learn more about Linux too. Anyone ready to help?

Categories

Upcoming Training