Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

403 error when attempting to access Lab environment

When accessing this URL: https://dfw-labs.exams.linuxtrainingservices.org/course/LFS252/lab2

Or any of the labs for that matter, I receive the standard 403 Forbidden error from any browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox) with adblockers disabled.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886
    Hi,

Please send an email to training@linuxfoundation.org and they will be able to provide assistance. Make sure to include your LF ID in the email.

Regards,
    Flavia
  • tex447
    tex447 Posts: 2
    Great, thanks for the quick reply
  • dmesiano
    dmesiano Posts: 2
    edited May 2017

Hello,

I am also having the same issue. I just registered for the course today. Does it take time to setup the lab?

• fcioanca
    edited May 2017

Hi,

If you still cannot access the lab environment, please send an email to training@linuxfoundation.org and include your LF ID, and they should be able to assist you.

Thank you for your patience,

Flavia 

• dmesiano
    dmesiano Posts: 2

Thanks!. I sent the email two days ago.

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000
    edited May 2017

Hello,

It can take up to 24 hours for the account to populate after purchase and requires a human interaction to complete. If you cannot access the lab 24 hours after purchasing the course please follow the steps Flavia mentioned: 

If you still cannot access the lab environment, please send an email to training@linuxfoundation.org and include your LF ID, and they should be able to assist you.

• JamesCouch
    JamesCouch Posts: 3
    edited July 2017

I've got the same issue. I just registered today and I'm getting the 403 Forbidden error trying to access the first lab. I sent an email to support on the issue.

• fcioanca
    edited July 2017

Hi James,

As Tim advised, it can take up to 24 hours for the account to populate after purchase and requires a human interaction to complete. If you cannot access the lab 24 hours after purchasing the course, please send an email to training@linuxfoundation.org and include your LF ID, and they should be able to assist you.

Thanks,

Flavia

• JamesCouch
    edited July 2017

What are these labs? Can an environment be set up using Virtualbox or VMware Workstation? Are they Ubuntu 16.04 VMs? In other words, is there a workaround?

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000
    edited July 2017

Hello James,

As Flavia mentioned the labs can take up to 24 hours to be fully activated.  

The labs are written such that you could complete the steps using another tool like VirtualBox or VMWare, but there may be other steps such as adding software, configuring networking and firewalls, and so forth you would need to complete which are not explained in the book.  If you already have a lot of Linux admin experience you may be able to configure everything not spelled out in the labs, but there may be some hiccups.  

The first labs use Ubuntu 16.04, lab 8 and beyond use Centos 7.3.  

Regards,

• JamesCouch
    edited August 2017

Thanks, the lab came up this morning around 9 or 10.

Categories

Upcoming Training