Cant login to get file - assistance please

P

Can someone assist please?

In step 4.13 I am asked to go to Lab 4. When I click on the link I get a

PDF file entitled

A. PUSHING APPS:

Part of the way down I get a request to download a file called 

rest-data-service.jar

When I click on the link I get prompted for a username and password.

I have tried:

1. my course log in username / password

2. The course log in and passowrd of: XXXXXXX / XXXXX

3. Different browsers

​4. Resetting my computer

​None of the above work. Can anyone assist me in accessing the file?

Many thanks

P.

Comments

• StefanBurger
    StefanBurger Posts: 2
    edited June 2017

Hi,

I have the same problem. It does not work with the credentials from 1.7.

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886
    edited June 2017

Hello,

Please follow the instructions (link and credentials) on page 1.7 to access the course resources. The URL in Lab 4 is an error on our side, and will be removed as soon as we push a new course update. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Flavia

• gadzooks
    gadzooks Posts: 6
    edited June 2017

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I have dowloaded the course materials and I can get to course files.

I am working my through Lab 4. 

I can see rest-data-service.jar on my local machine now. Great. I renamed rest-data-service.jar > roster.jar and have attempted to push the roster.jar file to PCF but I get the following error:

2017-06-12T15:48:17.35+0100 [STG/0]      ERR None of the buildpacks detected a compatible application

Any thoughts?

• gadzooks
    gadzooks Posts: 6
    edited June 2017

cf push roster.jar -p c:\users\pg\cf -b java_buildpack

Updating app roster.jar in org xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...

OK

Uploading roster.jar...

Uploading app files from: C:\Users\PG\CF

Uploading 28.1M, 11 files

Done uploading

OK

Starting app roster.jar in org xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...

Downloading java_buildpack...

Downloaded java_buildpack

Creating container

Successfully created container

Downloading app package...

Downloaded app package (128.8M)

-----> Java Buildpack Version: v3.15 (offline) | https://github.com/cloudfoundry/java-buildpack.git#a3a9e61

Failed to compile droplet

Destroying container

[Buildpack]                      ERROR Compile failed with exception #<RuntimeError: No container can run this application. Please ensure that you’ve pushed a valid JVM artifact or artifacts using the -p command line argument or path manifest entry. Information about valid JVM artifacts can be found at https://github.com/cloudfoundry/java-buildpack#additional-documentation. >

No container can run this application. Please ensure that you’ve pushed a valid JVM artifact or artifacts using the -p command line argument or path manifest entry. Information about valid JVM artifacts can be found at https://github.com/cloudfoundry/java-buildpack#additional-documentation.

Exit status 223

Successfully destroyed container

FAILED

Error restarting application: BuildpackCompileFailed

• TimHarris123
    TimHarris123 Posts: 8
    edited June 2017

Hi Gadzooks,

The first parameter in your push command is supposed to be the app name, so "roster", not "roster.jar".  In this case, you have specified the directory of the app but not the app name, so it will try and figure out what app to push based on what files are in that directory, and it may be pushing the wrong app.  

Try something like "cf push roster -p c:\users\pg\cf\roster.jar".  

If it finds that jar file in the specified location it should be able to figure out the buildpack automatically - I suspect its finding the wrong file in that directory somehow.  As an aside, you don't need to rename the jar file next time, you can just specify the app name in the push and leave the jar file as it was initially...

Tim

• skumar02aug
    skumar02aug Posts: 1
    edited July 2017

Hello,

I still have the issue while downloading resource for chapter4. Is this still an issue?

Thanks,

Sunny

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886
    edited July 2017

Hello,

Please follow the instructions (link and credentials) on page 1.7 to access the course resources. The URL in Lab 4 is an error on our side, and will be removed as soon as we push a new course update. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Flavia

Categories

Upcoming Training