Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Problems with other DE's on Korora

Naln1
Naln1 Posts: 2
edited April 2017 in Installation

As you may or may not know, Korora is a derivative of Fedora, and most things operate the same way.

I installed Korora 25 GNOME on a secondary HDD on my computer, and it worked for a while. I decided to install Cinnamon as a second DE, and it was fine for a few days. Today I loaded Korora, and nouveau (the unofficial nVidia driver) was disabled, so I re-enabled it, which wasn't too hard, but my Cinnamon DE won't start. I select my user, Enter the password, change the DE from GNOME to Cinnamon, and the screen goes black for a second, then goes back to the GDM log on screen. I also tried it with KDE, same issue.

If anyone has any Idea on how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated, as I need to use Cinnamon for my YouTube channel, as OBS won't record in GNOME for some reason.

Comments

• Naln1
    Naln1 Posts: 2
    edited May 2017

I think I'm going to do a clean install today. Not that anyone cares. I have posted this on 2 forums other than this, which were more helpful. Does no one help anyone here? Is this forum where we complain about our problems but no one offers help, because everyone has problems? I thought the Official Linux Forums would be more friendly than that.

Categories

Upcoming Training