Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Openstack on CentOS using Devstack

Hello,

I deployed openstack on CENTOS 7 using devstack and got the Horizon IP address.Horizon GUI opened for the first time but when I disconnected the computer for internet that IP became not reachable.Now I need help how to define/configure this horizon IP statically so that I can use the same IP everytime without internet.I did not change anything in devstack/resolv.conf.

Please let me know what all needs to be done.I am new to linux.

Thanks

Comments

• soosgyul
    soosgyul Posts: 15

Chances are, that your server was reset (which is normal).

As far as I know, you cannot have the same IP address over multiple resets, because it is allocated randomly. 

Chances are, that every time you want to do the labs, you will have to install everything and run ./stack.sh again.

• hemanshu351
    hemanshu351 Posts: 6
    edited April 2017

Thanks for your reply.I have installed it on my PC and want to fix the IP somehow as it is not possible to start from the beginning after every system/connection reset.I am sure there should be a way to do that.

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000
    edited April 2017

Hello,

As soosgyul mentioned the DevStack setup is rebuilt each time the system boots and the stack.sh scripts will need to be run again. In order to configure settings for wherre various OpenStack settings you will need to put the configuration into the local.conf file. 

First it would be helpful if your PC had a static IP address, so the local.conf file would also have a static setting. I would look at these settings first:

HOST_IP=127.0.0.1 SERVICE_HOST=$HOST_IP

As you may know DevStack is developed for Ubuntu. As a result there are few folks getting it to work on a Red Hat flavor. You may be finding issues few others have found.

Regards,

• hemanshu351
    hemanshu351 Posts: 6
    edited April 2017

Thanks serewicz!..Fixed the issue after setting static IP on one of the NICs and making same entry in local.conf.Yes,after every restart stack.sh has to be re-run as there is no other way to start the openstack related services.

Categories

Upcoming Training