Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Typo in Lab 10.2 - sudo cryptsetup luksClose swapcrypt

Options
ArlenNY
ArlenNY Posts: 4

I'd like to submit a bug for the LFCS 201 course lab 10.2. During step 6 the second in a sequence of commands has a typo (below): 

sudo cyyptsetup luksClose swapcrypt

should be: 

sudo cryptsetup luksClose swapcrypt  

?ui=2&ik=db7746db9d&view=fimg&th=15ae3d2

*Also There are many instances in the course labs where instructions are too vague and don't help complete the task well enough. For example, in the instructions for step 6 (above) say to validate the configuration by rebooting. Validation occurs by rebooting but also by logging back in and typing a specific command to verify the newly created, encrypted swap partition is activated at boot.  I believe the command would be cat /proc/partitions but if there's a more informative or accurate command to verify please confirm:

?ui=2&ik=db7746db9d&view=fimg&th=15ae3d2

If I can help make the course lab more complete or descriptive please let me know how I contribute. I've completed several labs while encountering many issues due to the lack of detail and working in a Virtualized environent. I would love the opportunity to share my findings with other engineers to review and possibly include in future versions of these labs.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Comments

• luisviveropena
    luisviveropena Posts: 1,155
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi Arlenny,

Yes, you are right and that's a typo. I'm going to report it so we can fix it.

Also, thanks for your offer! I think it may be a kind of complicate thing to find a description that will satisfy all the students.

Regards,

Luis.

Categories

Upcoming Training