Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

LFCS Virtualization Requirements

Hi,  I'm looking for coverage of the Virtualization requirements but it doesn't seem to exist, at least not in the Labs.  Have I overlooked something maybe?

Comments

• luisviveropena
    luisviveropena Posts: 1,144

Hi,

Are you talking about hardware requirements or content that you are going to be asked for?

Regards,

Luis.

• LexHoffman
    LexHoffman Posts: 11
    edited March 2017

Hi Luis,  I'm looking for the learning materials for the content I'll be asked for.  It's 5% of the exam objectives.

• LexHoffman
    edited March 2017

Hi Luis,

I'm referring to the content we will be asked for.  Virtualization is 5% of the LFCS exam requirements but I haven't been able to find where it's covered in the course materials.

Regards,

Lex

• BurbManDan
    BurbManDan Posts: 1
    edited March 2017

I'm wondering the same - regarding course and test content.  The Domains & Competencies doc lists "Virtualization - 5%" but doesn't indicate whether KVM or VirtualBox or...  but I don't see anything in the LFS201 content regarding virtualization. 

• coop
    coop Posts: 915

Since the exam is entirely performance based, has no mulitple choice type questions, common sense says it is very unlikely that you can be asked to peform any task with KVM or another hypervisor.  There has always been a problem with the LFCS domains vaguely specifying junk like "5% virtualization coverage.".  So I would not worry about it.

• LexHoffman
    edited March 2017

Thanks coop.

Categories

Upcoming Training