Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Ubuntu vs. RHEL WS

mikedeyoung
mikedeyoung Posts: 1
edited December 2016 in Getting Started with Linux

I want to learn Linux.

I have an idea for an application that I want to be open source.

I fairly technical (Cisco CCNP) and I'm good with tshooting but I don't want to waste hours of my time narrowing down the root cause of some insignificant thing. I would rather pay someone else to give me the answer (I understand Red Hat has technical support I can pay for).

On my laptop, which should I start with... Ubuntu or RHEL WS?

Thx for any help.

mdy

Comments

• saqman2060
    saqman2060 Posts: 777
    edited January 2017

Seems like troubleshooting started wearing you down. Happens, and yes some problems are not threating enough to speed too much time trying to fix.

You can use either Ubuntu or Redhat. Both products offer paid technical support. If you are looking for a support agent to solve your problems, both products will give you one. Infact, a lot of community distros offer paid support if you really want it.

However, you can also ask for help on technical forums, specifically on chat servers for the product you are using. Does not require any costs just a little patience and some work on your end. You have to know what the problem is in order for others to find a solution. You will be required to do research. Troubleshooting requires a lot of that.

Ubuntu or Redhat will gladly serve.

Categories

Upcoming Training