Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Stuck on Lab 11.1

I'm stuck on Lab 11.1.  Task 1, number 6 says "Repeat steps 2 through 5 on each of the ceph storage nodes."  I gather from later in the lab there are nodes storage1, storage2, and storage3.  But how do I login to those?  As user centos?  What is the password?

Also, I can't find them in the BUI, and the network topology is empty.

Confused...

@serewicz: Thanks in advance.  I've noticed that you are very responsive in the forum and I appreciate that.

Comments

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000

Hello! Yes, the nodes should be part of the lab environment. The won't show up in Horizon because they are not part of OpenStack itself. We are using them as Ceph and Swift storage nodes, but they won't run any OpenStack services. 

Their host names are storage1, storage2 and storage3. If you check the /etc/hosts file they should be there. You should be able to ssh from rdo-cc to them directly as centos or as root. Both users have public keys already in place.  Of course please let us know if you cannot ssh from rdo-cc to the storage nodes. Could be something has gone wrong. :-)

Thanks!

• khandpur
    khandpur Posts: 3

I'm unable to anything when I log into horizon as admin, are you having that issue?

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000

Hello. The nodes are not running OpenStack services and would not show up in Horizon.

Categories

Upcoming Training