Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Request Help in Resizing partitions in the installation of Lubanu 15.0

Hello, I am new to Linux. I have a Toshiba Satellite M45-S265 with windows Vista home 32 bit installed. I made a live boot CD with Linux Distro (Lubantu 15.10 i386.iso). I booted into Linux and it asked to install in the "SOMETHING ELSE" section and to resize my partitions. So that I can install other Linux distros and keep my files .I don't know how to resize the partitions without keeping windows Vista and what partitions to resize. Can anyone give me some assistance. I opened GParted and I have 2 partitions. (Partition 1) :NTFS>> /dev/sda1 >>size:149.04 GiB used : 11.06 unused:137.98GiB. ( Partition 2) : >>UNALLOCATED size: 10.34. I would appreciate any help given to me . Thank You in advance.

Comments

• dday35216
    dday35216 Posts: 71

While in the Live desktop, you should see a button or have a simlar option to "Install to Harddrive"...  so, when you choose that option during the install you will be asked if you want to use the entire disk (which would include a format of the drive) as the default. DON'T do that if you want to keep Windows. Tell the install to use the unallocated disk and install it there. It will create several other partitions from that space for swap, root, etc....  When it completes ths install , it will install a bootmanager, probably GRUB and when you boot after that, it will present a menu to choose Linux or Windows at start up.

Categories

Upcoming Training