Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

How to start vnc server for specific users on specific day?

I have an issue that there are total of 40 users for which I have to start vnc server, but only first 20 should get access on Monday and only the rest of 20 should have access on Tuesday. Right now I have to manually edit the /etc/sysconfig/vncservers file each day by commenting out the users which shouldn't have access on that day.

Is there a simple way to automate this process, lets say by writing a script?

BTW I am using Red Hat Linux 5.

Comments

• saqman2060
    saqman2060 Posts: 777

You said you had to manually configure the /etc/sysconfig/vncservers file to modify what users had access for that day. How is that day represented in the config file? Can you add news lines to that file and are there other options to represent a day for that file. In fact, I  am sure there is a manpage for that config file.  Have a look at it. 

I know this is late, but it will help for future issues of this type.

• coop31
    coop31 Posts: 5

For those who do not know, VNC server allows VNC clients running on diverse OS platforms to remotely access Linux Desktop Manager of the server itself, rather than the TTY text-based console. Generally, the VNC server can be configured to start a display for one or more users, provided that accounts for the users exist on the system, with optional parameters such as for display settings, network address and port, and security settings. How To Setup Linux VNC Server In 3 Minutes.

Categories

Upcoming Training