Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

WHICH LINUX OS TYPE IS THE BEST AND USER FRIENDLY?

WHAT I AM REQUESTING IS TO KNOW WHICH LINUS OS IS LIGHT WEIGHT AND USER FRIENDLY AND WHY?

IN ORDER OF PREFFERENCE, WHAT ARE THE LIST OF LINUX OS AVAILABLE FOR EASY USERS?

Comments

• There is a distro called Linux Lite which is very good if you need a light weight OS. It may be a good idea if you posted your PC's specs so people be able to recommend the best OS/Distro for your machine
  • lf61891
    lf61891 Posts: 8

1. Mint

2. Ubuntu

3. elementary

4. Fedora

5. Zorin Os

for lightweight try xubuntu or lubuntu

all but fedora is ubuntu based so how you install stuff in them is all the same

• dday35216
    dday35216 Posts: 71
    edited May 2016

I agree with this list, but I'd put Zorin as number 1, it's what I'm using right now. This kind of question is like asking what do you look for in a girlfriend.. it's all subjective and based on what we like. ;)

• Daragon
    Daragon Posts: 1

1. elementaryOS 2. Lubuntu

These are good choices if you are looking for really-really lightweight

• Caav8387
    Caav8387 Posts: 1

Good Day.

I trust everyone is doing well.

Please can somebody assist me to do download the proper ISO for Linux Mint 17.3. And if possible the the instruction of using the ISO image. I already have Mint 17.3 on a USB flash but don't believe that is the legit OS. Please!!!!!

I hope someone can assist me ASAP.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Regards

• iborj911
    iborj911 Posts: 1

What is the ideal os for general daily usage of basic web surf and streaming music? the old workhorse is a dell b130 inspiron. Thanks. iborj911

Categories

Upcoming Training