Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Installing linux with external keyboard

So my laptops keyboard is broken and right now im using an external keyboard and monitor for my laptop, if i was to attempt a dual boot with vista and linux via thumb drive, will the keyboard still register commands during installation? Im thinking that the keyboard needs to install itself onto the computer before itll work, which would mean the keyboard wont work until linux is installed and running. correct me if im wrong please.

Comments

• As long it is USB keyboard I think the atkbd driver is used. So in general it should be supported. I don't think you experience any probles as long you don't try to hotplug during system startup.
    Certain usb hubs might not be recognized especially extension cards but on board is probably no problem.

I did installation by USB keyboard but the it had to be plugged in before system powering up.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2016

Whether you regularly type in multiple languages or only need to enter an occasional character from an alternate keyboard layout. Certain usb hubs might not be recognized especially extension cards but on board is probably no problem.

Dynamic DNS

Categories

Upcoming Training