Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 3.4 - compute-node not in BUI

Options

Trying to pick up on the Lab 3.4 again, I clicked the Lab link and logged into the BUI. Unfortunately there's no "compute-node" when I navigate to "Hypervisors | Compute Host". The compute-node itself seems to be properly configured, with the "devstack" directory in place and even the three "ip.*.out" files.

In "Host Aggregates | Availability zones", "compute-node (Services Up)" shows up in the "internal" zone.

Comments

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Yes. There seems to be an issue with the setup of this lab. I have contacted the infrastructure support team and working on a solution. Thank you for the feedback!
  • KarimRad
    KarimRad Posts: 3
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi, I have the same issue in LAB 3.3, hyprvisor list shows only devstac-cc. no compute-node

(openstack) hypervisor list

+----+---------------------+

| ID | Hypervisor Hostname |

|  1 | devstack-cc         |

• serewicz
    Options

Thank you for the comment. It would seem that the script we used to fix the previous, similar error, is not working as it should. I have notified the support team and hope to return here shortly when the issue has been addressed.

• serewicz
    edited May 2016
    Options

An update to the lab environment has been rolled out.  The issue should be resolved. Thank you for your patience.

• Ilonka
    Ilonka Posts: 11
    edited May 2017
    Options

Hi @serewicz

Today I try the lab 3.4 and have also the issue describes above. I havent't got the compute Hypervisor but in different to the issue last year the three ip-files are dissapeared.

Now I'm not sure if I should delete the one and only hypervisor :-(

Thanks in advance 

Ilonka

• serewicz
    Options

Hello Ilonka,

Yes, I just spun up the lab 3.4 lab and found the same to be true. It looks like none of the install steps were run on the compute node as there is no devstack git repo.  I am passing along the issue to the infrasturcture team and hope to hear back soon.

Thanks for letting us know.

Regards,

Categories

Upcoming Training