Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Pressing Enter on KC dialogs dismisses training window

As someone who prefers to use the keyboard instead of the mouse as much as possible, I get used to when applications present a dialog with a single button (typically "ok"). This implies that pressing Enter will just dismiss the dialog. For instance, the dialogs presented when we answer KC questions.

However, what I find in this course (probably not specific to the course) is that pressing Enter while on these dialogs dismisses the entire training window, instead of just the "ok" dialog. It would be great if this could be fixed.

Comments

• Hi,

If I'm not wrong, the instructions indicates to press 'tab' instead 'enter'.

Regards,
    Luis.
  • dkarr
    dkarr Posts: 40
    That would be a very odd convention if that was true, but where does it say that? I just went through the "Before you Begin" section, which talks a little bit about conventions for moving around in the course, and it doesn't mention this.
  • dkarr
    Now I realize what your "tab" reference is talking about. You're talking about when you're on the KC page and you enter a value in a field. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the step right after pressing tab in that field, when it presents the "Correct" dialog with an OK button. What I'm saying is that if I press enter when that dialog appears, it closes the entire training window, instead of the small "Correct" dialog.
  • Hi,

What browser are you using? I tried with firefox and chrome and when I hit 'enter' it closed the small window (instead the entire training window).

Thanks,
    Luis.
  • dkarr
    Firefox ESR 38.5.0.
  • dkarr wrote:
    As someone who prefers to use the keyboard instead of the mouse as much as possible, I get used to when applications present a dialog with a single button (typically "ok"). This implies that pressing Enter will just dismiss the dialog. For instance, the dialogs presented when we answer KC questions.

However, what I find in this course (probably not specific to the course) is that pressing Enter while on these dialogs dismisses the entire training window, instead of just the "ok" dialog. It would be great if this could be fixed.

What is KC and how do I find it?
  • dkarr
    KC stands for "Knowledge Check", the quiz questions in the course.
  • dkarr wrote:
    KC stands for "Knowledge Check", the quiz questions in the course.

Thank you.

Categories

Upcoming Training