Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

New to Linux. Tried installing Xubuntu 15.10 alongside Windows 10 and messed up partitions.

So I tried installing 15.10 from a bootable USB. I'm actually using it right now to post this. I left the partition slider on the default setting. The installation failed. I did a check of the USB stick and the check finished with 3 errors. I rebooted with Windows 10, everything is fine, except for now I have 300 gigs of my 1TB HD partitioned for Xubuntu, which won't work unless I boot from the USB stick. I'm sure I could just delete the 300GB partition? But I do still want to get Xubuntu installed alongside Windows 10. Not really sure what to do. If it helps at all, when I open the drive volume from the desktop in Xunbuntu, it shows all the files for Xunbuntu, but has X's on the initrd.img, vmlinuz, and root folder icons. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is a link to my Boot Info script. http://paste.ubuntu.com/14365124/

Comments

• Suggest that you go to (www.bcug.com) and click on the(meetings tab) you will see a (Linux workshop)click on it and you will find the email address for the group leaders. I'm sure you will find these guys very knowledgeable and willing to pass the knowledge on to you. You can also find them on Meet-Up. Hope this helps!

Categories

Upcoming Training