Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Install Scribus in Linux Lite?

rgand
rgand Posts: 17
edited November 2015 in Software

I've searched the threads in these forums and done searches online but can't find anything on how to install Scribus in Linux Lite. I'm a newbie to Linux and 'building' a way to do it is beyond me. Does anyone have a link or input on this?

Thanks for any assistance here. Robert

Comments

• LinuxLite is based on Ubuntu, so connect to the Internet, open a Terminal and input
    sudo apt-get install scribus
  • rgand
    rgand Posts: 17
    arochester wrote:
    LinuxLite is based on Ubuntu, so connect to the Internet, open a Terminal and input
    sudo apt-get install scribus
    Thanks for this. Linux is all new to me so once I figured out what it meant to 'open a Terminal' and how to do it, I was able to input that. After I entered it, I got a prompt to input my password but I was unable to do that with my keyboard. Am I doing something wrong? After all, it isn't rocket science to input with a keyboard, is it?

When I open a Terminal, does that access the system much like one would in Windows with a DOS prompt? Thanks for your patience on this.
  • Because of security reasons (imagine somebody was looking over your shoulder) your password DOES NOT APPEAR in the Terminal - not even the number of strokes ***- but, IT IS THERE. Just type it and hit Enter/Return/

Categories

Upcoming Training