Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Steam for Ubuntu

RSims
RSims Posts: 146
edited September 2013 in Games

So I run Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, downloaded steam recently (it had some issues when it was new, at-least for me it did.

Not only does it work great but some great titles have been made to work natively with Linux(Ubuntu specifically).

Paradox has some good games, I bought one and it runs great (Crusader Kings 2 by Paradox). Left 4 Dead 2, Counter-Strike etc...

I highly recommend checking it out if you haven’t in a while.

Comments

• Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    I really like what Valve is doing with Steam. I'm really curious to see what this turns into.

http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamOS/
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    I have been using steam on Slackware since the beta was released and my son it using it in Ubuntu. It has always performed well, which is why I have been waiting impatiently to hear the news.

The news that they will be releasing their own OS to manufacturers in a way like Android is done sounds very good, it will allow different hardware options and can be controlled very easily through their chosen package management system.

I really wish they would give a couple of normal users like myself a copy of the OS for full testing on home systems.
  • friTTe
    friTTe Posts: 19
    Well i dropped win8.1 on my probook aswell for Ubuntu, still lack some games but im a casual gamer so its cool.

But hopefully we will see more and more releases at the same time as pc versions in the future since SteamOs is out and Linux is growing
  • 2,077 Linux games on Steam as of today - not bad going!

Categories

Upcoming Training