Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

How can check/test serial port working in my target board and How can configure node in kernel for s

Options
JayminD
JayminD Posts: 5

I want to know that how and where can I find serial driver file (i.e. for /ttyS*) in my kernel image in Linux.... ???

and

How can I check/test the serial driver on my ARM dev. board ?? (mean how can I test that driver and serial port is working properly ?? )

can you just suggest me or tell me that how can I check my serial port on my ARM target board that is working correctly and how can I configure serial post ???

I mean that , as we configure fb0 for LVDS LCD and configure it and send any image on it that's same how can I check my serial port and check it that whether its working correctly or not ??

How can I activate it's node in my board ??

Please reply me ASAP I need help urgent, b'coz it's very imp for me so..

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards

Jaymin D

Comments

• saqman2060
    saqman2060 Posts: 777
    Options
    JayminD wrote:

I want to know that how and where can I find serial driver file (i.e. for /ttyS*) in my kernel image in Linux.... ???

and

How can I check/test the serial driver on my ARM dev. board ?? (mean how can I test that driver and serial port is working properly ?? )

can you just suggest me or tell me that how can I check my serial port on my ARM target board that is working correctly and how can I configure serial post ???

I mean that , as we configure fb0 for LVDS LCD and configure it and send any image on it that's same how can I check my serial port and check it that whether its working correctly or not ??

How can I activate it's node in my board ??

Please reply me ASAP I need help urgent, b'coz it's very imp for me so..

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards

Jaymin D

Interesting question you asked. I don't know how to activate a serial port other then enabling the driver if one is included in the kernel or manually install the driver. The best way to test if a device is working is to confirm the kernel detects it. The most widely used method is lspci.

In a terminal:
    #sudo lspci

This lists all the devices on your system, with name, location, extensions and drivers.

Read this article to get a better understanding of kernel modules.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/kernel_modules

Bestly, just connect something to the serial port and see if it gets read.

Categories

Upcoming Training