Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Running Gnome 3, battery notifications?

I just started running Gnome 3. At first I hated it, but in a short amount of time it's grown on me and I'm very impressed.

It functions well in Natty, no issues so far. The design team outdid themselves.

I'm running it on my laptop though. The only thing that bothers me are the notifications.

I get "Battery Discharging 99%"

"Battery Discharging 98%"

So on and so forth every few seconds.

I read something about a power manager in the G-conf files, but I can't find that specific file.

Is anyone else running Gnome 3, and know how I would resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Have you reviewed the information on http://library.gnome.org/users/gnome-power-manager/stable/notify.html.en which shown you which key to change?
  • Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    In Fedora there's an app called gconf-editor, that I used with Gnome 2. It's still there in Fedora 15, so it must be useful with Gnome 3. I switched back to KDE so, unfortunately, I can't tell you from experience if it's useful for power management. You should do a search and see if available in your repos, it allows you to change many settings.
  • Thanks for the responses.

In the meantime I've switched back to Gnome 2.

Gnome 3 is supported but not fully integrated with Ubuntu yet, I'm guessing?

I found the Gconf-editor and my power management settings. Unfortunately there is no configuration file under the battery notifications. (At least for discharging notifications).
  • I'm currently using Gome-shell over Ubuntu 13.04

with dconf-editor command, I found all about power settings in:

org/gnome/power-manager
    org/gnome/settings-daemon/plugins/power

Maybe this can help you!

Categories

Upcoming Training