Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

no sound

ogle
ogle Posts: 2

I have installed Linux mint and windows 7 as a dual boot on my fujitsu E8020 laptop, windows 7 is no problem using the Realtek HD audio manager using AC290 codecs but Mint, Ubuntu and Sabayon will not see any audio let alone hear anything on the laptop and only shows the built in audio which doesn’t make any sound at all, not on any music or videos with VLC player but works well with win 7, I have tried for two days to get it going, on the point of junking all Linux and sticking to Windows 7 which works well with VLC, which is a shame as it’s taken a long time to set up a dual boot system laptop! Is there anyone or anything I can do to rectify my problem.

Thank you for any help anybody might give

Ogle

Comments

• Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    Have you checked to see if your volumes have been turned up after the install? Have you checked your PulseAudio settings to see if the audio is pointing to the correct hardware? The only time I've had problems with sound is when something is not configured correctly.
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    To me it sounds like pulse may be defaulting to the hdmi output, there is a good discussion on the mint forums at http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=208&t=117247 in which they have helped people to track down and resolve hdmi audio and auto-mute audio issues, I highly recommend for you to check it out and see if any of those solutions can resolve your problem.

Categories

Upcoming Training