Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Issues for installing Ricoh Aficio SG3100SNw

Options

Hi,

I need some help with my network printer.

When I make the install in cups web interface everything is good, I choose default config and use ppd file from openprinting.org.

When I make a print, the lcd screen of the printer displays "Printing" for a few seconds and go back to the state "Ready", but nothing else happend.

If someone have an idea to solve my issue, I'll take it.

Comments

• Fabien
    Fabien Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi,

More informations :

My OS : Ubuntu 12.10
    Cups version : 1.6.1
    Printer firmware version : main 1.16, printer 1.0.2
    ppd file : from openprinting.org, this link

The printer is on LAN, with static IP. I tested on USB, it is the same issue

I tested my ppd file with cupstestppd, result is : PASS
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Options
    The fact that the printer itself gives the confirmation about printing makes me think that the problem lies within the device itself, however I am not a printer expert since I avoid paper.

Have you tried printing from other operating systems, both linux and windows and experienced the same results?
  • Fabien
    Fabien Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I have one virtual windows xp SP3 on my Ubuntu and it's work.

I will test with my laptop under windows 7.

I use only ubuntu as Linux OS, can you advise me another better to make tests ?
  • mfillpot
    Options
    You can try a non-debian based Os such as fedora. The purpose of the recommendation is to see if the drivers that you are using in ubuntu are the cause. Where did you get the ppd file from?
  • Fabien
    Options
    Ok, I will test with fedora.

I get the ppd file from www.openprinting.org/printer/Ricoh/Ricoh-AficioSG3100SNw .

The ppd is describe as works perfectly.

I tested the another driver supplied by Ricoh, the pxlcolor at the end of the page and results are same.

I'll test with Fedora asap and I'll feed back you.
  • Fabien
    Options
    Hi,

I tested with Fedora this morning and it's same result as with Ubuntu.
  • mfillpot
    Options
    I think it is best to rephrase the response, it may be possible to run the printer under non-windows operating systems but it appears that the cups driver that the manufacturer provided does not work properly. You can write the manufacturer to alert of the problem and hopefully they may try to get it fixed.
  • Fabien
    Options
    Hi,

First, many thanks for your help. I'll contact Ricoh France to alert them. I'll feed you back when it's resolved.
  • Fabien
    Options
    I have a reply from Ricoh support. There is two models for the SG3100 printer, The SG3100SNw and the SG3100SFNw.

Today only the SG3100SFNw support pcl6 language. The ppd file use it to communicate with printer.

I'm waiting a firmware update.
  • Fabien
    Options
    After a (very) long time, I have a solution.

I had download a deb package from this page.

This is the japanese version of Ricoh support site.

But it's works !! :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RobertCunliffe
    RobertCunliffe Posts: 1
    edited November 2016
    Options

I have one of these and have had to spend hours on the phone to Ricoh Support, who told me that they don't support Linux/Ubuntu for this mfd.

I have to transfer files and print from a Windows PC.

It isn't satisfactory and the inks are v expensive, but the print quality and scanning is good.

• malichiyatsia
    Options

@Fabien said:
    Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

When I make the install in cups web interface everything is good, I choose default config and use ppd file from openprinting.org.

• malichiyatsia
    Options

@malichiyatsia said:

@Fabien said:
    Hi,

Thanks for your answer.Vidmate iTunes

Notepad++

Categories

Upcoming Training