Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Shortcut on desktop

Hi Guys,

Can anyone know that in Window their is a shortcut of any installed software in windows just we right click on that shortcut icon we will see a FIND TARGET tab but in Ubuntu how we get..... Please help...

Sachin

Comments

• hi please reply for this post........
  • RSims
    RSims Posts: 146
    edited January 2013
    The answer to this depends on what GUI your using, whether your using ubuntu's default Unity, Gnome, LXDE or XFCE.

I'm going to assume your in Unity. With unity you actually have options to do this, one is a traditional shortcut and the other, is to add it to the scrolling side bar.

To add it to the side bar, simply do the following:

go to Dash home, search for your application you want a shortcut to, and left click & hold to drag it over to your scrolling side bar.

for the traditional approach, for whatever reason seems to be a bit more difficult then it should be, here is a link with many different ways to do it. I personally recommend if your using unity to stick with the side scroll launch panel.

go here for alternative ways to make a desktop icon:

Ubuntu forum with alternatives and wiki on the subject of creating desktop items
  • saqman2060
    saqman2060 Posts: 777
    Hi Guys,

Can anyone know that in Window their is a shortcut of any installed software in windows just we right click on that shortcut icon we will see a FIND TARGET tab but in Ubuntu how we get..... Please help...

Sachin

Tell us what flavor of ubuntu you are using, Xubuntu, Kubuntu, Ubuntu, or Lubuntu. Then we will show you how to make application shortcuts.
  • agyal
    agyal Posts: 7
    hi guys any one cam help to restore photo delleted from ubuntu
    1421698697.jpg
  • duke0467
    duke0467 Posts: 4
    edited June 2015
    I am having the same problem with my desk top. Everything I D/L goes straight to my "task Bar". I can't find any configuration that allows me to add anything to my desktop. Please help.
    My system is Linux 32 bit Ubuntu Mint running on a new mother board with 8gigs dual access ram 32 bit AMD CPU. This is my second post in two different 'noobie' areas with no help yet. The D/L I installed is: /linuxmint-201403-cinnamon-dvd-32bit.iso Please help. I don't want to be forced back to Microsoft.
  • keep click in icon & free it to desktop .

Categories

Upcoming Training