Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

forum doesnt work with IE9

Options
BigJon
BigJon Posts: 5
edited March 2012 in Getting Started with Linux

I thought you might like to know this forum does not work with IE9. It is not possible to leave a message / start a new topic...

Anti-Microsoft comments are NOT welcome.

Comments

• woboyle
    woboyle Posts: 501
    Options
    Does IE9 have some sort of IE8 or other compatibility setting/option? If not, can you install and run either Firefox or Chrome?
  • hackertarget
    Options
    Linux.com forums seem to be running Ninjaboard (see the source). I found this link which seems to confirm the issue.

http://ninjaforge.com/component/ninjaboard/topic/24850-internet-explorer-9

• BigJon
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.
    Using alternatives to IE9, or changing the default settings, is not an option.

As all webdesigners know, sites simply have to work with what people have...

Good luck and godspeed.
  • chekkizhar
    chekkizhar Posts: 182
    Options
    "Anti-Microsoft comments are NOT welcome."
    No one here, will do that. Do not WORRY .People here are Professionals.

"Using alternatives to IE9, or changing the default settings, is not an option.

As all webdesigners know, sites simply have to work with what people have... "

yes , no doubt in that. But, the point might be, the site has some small stability issue after some changes made due to security breach in kernel.org. So, just want to check whether site is up or not, you might be asked to use other browsers.

And, now to check with your issue, I am typing this message, and sent you one private message through IE9 in Windows-7.
    And I dont have anything in my mind right now to start a forum topic. If I get one I will post through IE9 and will let you to know.

Have a very good day
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Options
    If the ninjaforge developers have acknowledged the issue then it is being addressed. I have requested an update from the developer to see if he has an ETA for resolution of that issue.
  • BigJon
    Options
    Its refreshing to read comments by people who care.
    Some websites and forums take ages to even recognise a problem (then blame microsoft, users, addons, etc).

So well done, and i hope it all works out.

Next time i'm in the office i'll try a new thread, if no one beats me to it.
    Cheers, Jon
  • danielchapman
    Options
    Hi BigJon,

Do you get any Javascript errors reported by IE9?

According to the post you mentioned, the front end should work fine in IE9.

If you can provide us with some sort of error message it will help us track down the problem.
  • danielchapman
    Options
    Hi again BigJon,

I had someone do some testing and they can post ok in IE9 - but they had difficulty selecting the fields due to some CSS issues causing the labels to overlap the fields and preventing them from being easily clicked on.

Is this the same issue you are experiencing?
  • danielchapman
    Options
    Hello yet again BigJon,

Could you please try again now.

There is a bug in IE7+ apparently where you can't click on any text field or text area that has a background color of none or transparent.

Categories

Upcoming Training