Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

N64 emulaters

I am having trouble with getting the emulators to run. I have downloaded and tried several, but to no avail. I have fedora, but I need help getting it to go on my windows 7. any help please???

Comments

• In addition, I will say that I have come to trust the linux community. That's why I asked a non linux related ?. I have noticed that people have viewed my ?, but no response. Please don't hate, I have 4 computers and run dif os on each. I have win xp pro, win vista, win 7 ultimate and fedora
  • I have tried mupen and project 64, but cant get anything to run. I'm prob not doing something right, but I can't seem to figure what it is. I download the game too, and complete the install wiz for the emulators, but it will not run. I have even downloaded from dif sites, games too. I even tried "open this file with". Nada. I used to play N64 all the time doing this, but I will admit, it's been about 6 years since I last tried amd it was on a public library computer and I had to create a temp file each time to download the emulators on.. I even got a usb controller so I can go retro again. LOL
  • woboyle
    woboyle Posts: 501
    I don't know about Win7 (even though I use it for work - with a Linux VM running in VirtualBox), but with current versions of Linux, such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and clones (CentOS, Scientific Linux) you can run a lot of emulators under qemu, which is supported by newer kernels. I run ARM and other processor emulators that way. I don't know, but it may be possible to run your emulator in a Linux virtual machine running on your Windows 7 host.
  • Thanx guys. I'm gonna try the forum. I got the emulater pj64 to run' but it says whatever game I try fails to open.

Categories

Upcoming Training