Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Help on SD Boot Partition

hello!

I have to install a OS on a beagleboard whit SD boot.

I used a procedure that I found on the net. It says:

PREPARING SD-CARD

-----------------

Download mkcard.sh from:

http://gitorious.org/beagleboard-validation/scripts/trees/60f43aeb22e5ce799eda06c82e7d36d3f04cf7d2

Format & partition the sd-card at /dev/sdb

(the actual drive mounts listed here may be different on your host system)

$sudo $Beagleboard/binaries/mkcard.sh /dev/sdb

This creates two partitions: /dev/sdb1 and /dev/sdb2, which are FAT32 and ext2 file formats respectively.

I made that. It creats two partition as it says but if I unmount and then insert again the SD Reader in the USB port the OS (Ubuntu 11.10) don't read the card. If I try with Windows it says that support is not formatted. Is it right?

Infact, when I insert the microSD in the Beagleboard, the Beagle doesn't read the card.

haw can I crate a Boot partition on SD card that work?

Thank's for help and sorry for my english!

Comments

• chekkizhar
    chekkizhar Posts: 182
    edited March 2012
    "If I try with Windows it says that support is not formatted. Is it right? "
    In this place, do you mean, laptop/desktop or Win CE in board?
    In either case , yes, it wont read ext FS. You can use some third party apps to read the ext FS in host system .

after creating the partition in SD card, did you check by mounting the both ?

I believe that, the SD card is not made bootable yet . If possible try with some other script.
    Support for beagle board is more in network.

My guess is the bootable info written in FAT FS type,[ which is mostly not made correctly here ],and Root FS in ext2 .

• darioc86
    darioc86 Posts: 4
    I have found the solution. As you said, the script was wrong. So I used fdisk and made partition manually. I found a guide for partitioning.

Tank's for your help
  • chekkizhar
    chekkizhar Posts: 182
    happy to hear that.
    Feel free to come here, in case if you need any help.

Categories

Upcoming Training