Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Here I am :)

Options

Hey all,

yeah, what should I say? I've been working with Linux for about three years. So I'm not a complete "newbie" (no offense :) ), although I am certainly going to have some questions now and then. And as far as I've read through some postings here, this seems to be some really friendly place for this.

If I find the time, I am writing some things in PHP and for about one week I've been trying to get into developing plasmoids for KDE using Python.

And just in case this matters, currently I am using Kubuntu on my netbook, but for my desktop pc I prefer OpenSUSE (although it's broken at the moment).

- vex7 / David

Comments

• Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    Options
    Welcome to the Linux.com forums vex7. I hope you find answers and help others with the knowledge you've gained over the past 3 years using Linux. I'm a KDE user also, my favorite desktop.

I hope to see you often, and don't be shy answering questions, or asking if you need help.
  • rechil_colin
    Options
    Why r u not using GNOME ! I use gnome and it is more easy and basically use for Admin...., though kde is also good.
  • marc
    marc Posts: 647
    Options
    Please do not start a flamewar here ;)

Welcome aboard vex7
  • vex7
    vex7 Posts: 5
    Options
    Well, I'm using KDE mainly because there's a lot of applications for it that don't have a real Gnome alternative - and also because i find it more stylish.
    Yet I can fully understand if people have a different preference. ^^

Thanks for welcoming, anyway. :)

Categories

Upcoming Training