Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Line discipline, serial datation and log

Hi everybody,

I have to find a solution to log data (and date the data) from serial in my software. This software will be implemented on Linux system (2.6.29 precisly). It's an embedded software and the linux has also an RTC.

I found some documentation on internet. According to me, the best solution to be more deterministic on datation is to implement a new line discipline which add a datation service to the serial driver.

I need to be more deterministic as possible with a non-real time system and I want to re-use this software on different systems. That forces me not to modify the low-level layer driver which is specific to the hardware.

So, do you know if there is already some existing project which includes this kind of solution?

I tried to find some documentation on "how to implement a new line discipline" but unsuccessfully. Do you know something on this subject?

Regards,

Sébastien

ps : sorry for my writting, I'm french...

Comments

• marc
    marc Posts: 647
    Please do not double post.
  • Yes sorry but this post seems to be in the wrong section. It's a programming question that's why I re-post it in the other section. Please delete it if you know how to.

Tks
  • Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    I've removed the other post, hopefully someone will come along with an answer to your question. Sorry, but it's not something I'm familiar with.

Categories

Upcoming Training