Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

adobe

i am trying to play some games on facebook but it wants me to install adobe i download it but i cant get it to work please can you help

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Depending on your chosen distro you should be able to locate the flash plug-in in your software manager application.

With all of the required updates from adobe for flash you will have to keep downloading updates around every month, you may want to consider installing google-chrome which includes flash.
  • neale123
    neale123 Posts: 6
    edited January 2012
    i have tried to download google chrome but it is asking for a pasword and i have no ides what it is on the screen authenticating as root
  • system info is as follows
    model aspire one
    operating system linpus linux lite v1.0.13.E
    cpu intel(r) atom(tm) cpu n270 @1.60ghz
    system memory 512 mb
    hard drive 8gb
    battery li-on 2200may
    bios version vo.3109
    firefox is the browser
  • marc
    marc Posts: 647
    Use the Package Manager to install any software you need (both Chromium and flash-player should be available to your distro)

If that doesn't work you'll have to manually install the flash player which is not obvious nor easy to newcomers

Regards
  • where would i find that
  • Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    Look for "Add/Remove Software" in you menu's, or, maybe it will just be called "Package Management". I haven't seen a Linpus install in a while so I can't give direct instructions. If the menu system has a section for "System" or "Administration" or even "System Administration", the Package Management tool should be in those sub-menus.

BTW - If you want to install Google Chrome just Google "Getchrome" and the first link that comes up should bring you to the download page. When I Google it I get:
    [url=]https://www.google.com/chrome/?brand=ECDA&installdataindex=yes-apps-no-promo&&brand=CHMA&utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-bk&utm_medium=ha[/url]

If you search for "flash" or "flashplayer" in your Package Management in your menu, you should see flashplayer come up. If it doesn't come up, you might need to enable the non-free repository. If you look in the menu of your Package Management app, you should see a choice for changing repositories. It might just be called "Repositories", as it does in Synaptic in Debian. Look for "non-free" or "extra" in the repository name and check it off and it should enable it.

I'll try and see if I can find out more about Linpus menu structure and what branch of Linux it is based on to see if I can give you some more specific help. Until then, look around in your menus on Linpus and see if you can find the things that I've mentioned.

Categories

Upcoming Training