Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Laptop with linux

Hi i have a acer aspire 9303 laptop, as anyone put linux on one, and if so what was the short fall of doing so, never used linux before but it looks intresting and would like to try it out. Thankyou

Comments

• Tried but all i get is a blank screen thanks
  • Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    Heh, all I get is a blank screen also. I tried searching for that particular laptop in the Fedora Forums, but, it doesn't seem to come up, strange. It has a thread on laptops running Fedora here: http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=137531
    If you just search for Acer Aspire then many posts are retrieved.
    Google shows that it's an older laptop with a Nvidia gt7300 video card. This hardware should work with most Linux distros, although some of the lighter distros might run faster with it. It's not old enough that you need to run something that is made especially for old hardware though. Maybe you can give us the specs of what hardware you have, and we can see if we can match up a distro for you. Sometimes the info retrieved from Google doesn't match the actual hardware you have.
  • Hi thanks for replying will give the specs when i get back next week thankyou

Categories

Upcoming Training