Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Driver for Canon MX512 scanner

Options

I have the Canon Mx512 Scanner. The printer works but I need the driver for the scanner. I had it working but I just updated my system to Mint 17.3 I lost the driver in the process.

THANKS Harvey

Comments

• saqman2060
    saqman2060 Posts: 777
    Options
    I have the Canon Mx512 Scanner. The printer works but I need the driver for the scanner. I had it working but I just updated my system to Mint 17.3 I lost the driver in the process.
    THANKS Harvey

If I understand you correctly, you hooked up your printer to an older version of Mint and everything was working, including the scanner, until to update?

Either the driver that was with the kernel that enabled your scanner was removed or changed. You can get a listing of your hardware and the drivers that they use my typing this command in your terminal,
    sudo lshw

Locate the printer and tells us the driver in use. Sometimes, Linux will keep an option for the user to boot their system using an older version kernel. You will see them in the GRUB boot menu when picking the Linux OS to run. Identify the last kernel that you had before the upgrade and boot using that.

Categories

Upcoming Training