Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Need assistance with PXE boot kernel panic

Options

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some help setting up a PXE boot server. I've got most of it down - I have a TFTP server that hands out the kernel and initrd images, but I can't seem to figure out how to add a rootfs image to the mix - I get a kernel panic. I posted on serverfault, and I was told that my kernel/initrd/rootfs images probably don't match up. How do I make sure that these three images are compatible with one another? I build the rootfs with debootstrap, and packaged it with mksquashfs. The kernel/initrd combo came from my host system (which is probably why they're not compatible with the rootfs image). I'm guessing I have to build a kernel/initrd combo in my debootstrap subdir so that it matches the rootfs, but I'm a little bit unsure as to how that is done.

Also, I pieced together the /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default from about 10 different sources. I was hoping that someone could help me figure out how to configure it, or point me at some reading that would explain this config file in depth.

Best regards,

Misha

Categories

Upcoming Training