Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!
Fixing a slow touchpad
josu
Posts: 1
Hi! I'm facing problems with my touchpad: sometimes it works fine, and sometimes it feels sluggish.
I'm looking for directions on where to look to find the cause, and how to debug it. What are the steps since I put my finger on the touchpad and the cursor moves?
For example, I think everything ends on Xorg, that might be a good starting point, but how do I figure out if Xorg is being sluggish? I have no idea how to instrument it so I can see if there is some delay there or if it happens before.
0
Categories
- All Categories
- 178 LFX Mentorship
- 178 LFX Mentorship: Linux Kernel
- 775 Linux Foundation IT Professional Programs
- 384 Cloud Engineer IT Professional Program
- 175 Advanced Cloud Engineer IT Professional Program
- 75 DevOps IT Professional Program - Discontinued
- 7 DevOps & GitOps IT Professional Program
- 103 Cloud Native Developer IT Professional Program
- 7.7K Training Courses & Learning Paths
- 14 AI & ML Training
- 1 Blockchain & Decentralized Identity Training
- 37 Cloud & Containers Training
- 4 Cybersecurity Training
- 3 DevOps & Site-Reliability Training
- 2 Linux Kernel Development Training
- 2 Networking Training
- 2 Open Source Best Practice Training
- 5 System Administration Training
- 1 System Engineering Training
- 6 Web & Application Development Training
- 798 Hardware
- 202 Drivers
- 68 I/O Devices
- 37 Monitors
- 96 Multimedia
- 173 Networking
- 91 Printers & Scanners
- 92 Storage
- 773 Linux Distributions
- 81 Debian
- 68 Fedora
- 24 Linux Mint
- 13 Mageia
- 24 openSUSE
- 151 Red Hat Enterprise
- 32 Slackware
- 13 SUSE Enterprise
- 356 Ubuntu
- 472 Linux System Administration
- 31 Cloud Computing
- 73 Command Line/Scripting
- Github systems admin projects
- 103 Linux Security
- 79 Network Management
- 102 System Management
- 46 Web Management
- 168 Mobile Computing
- 32 Android
- 121 Development
- 1.2K New to Linux
- 1K Getting Started with Linux
- 407 Off Topic
- 128 Introductions
- 35 Study Material
- 1.1K Programming and Development
- 311 Kernel Development
- 724 Software Development
- 1K Software
- 419 Applications
- 183 Command Line
- 5 Compiling/Installing
- 71 Games
- 320 Installation
- Archived
- 183 Small Talk
- 2 LFD140 Class Forum
- 1.4K LFS258 Class Forum
Upcoming Training
-
August 20, 2018
Kubernetes Administration (LFS458)
-
August 20, 2018
Linux System Administration (LFS301)
-
August 27, 2018
Open Source Virtualization (LFS462)
-
August 27, 2018
Linux Kernel Debugging and Security (LFD440)