Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

sudo:user:add command not found

Hello,

I am trying to follow along Lesson 10 - authentication and authorization demo guide, but I got stack on the command to create a new user.

I would appreciate if someone could help me out.

Thank you

Answers

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,324

Hi @josepmaria,

Both the demo guide and the demo video present a different command for user management. Please follow the guide as presented.
    If you chose to deviate from the provided instructions ensure you are proficient with the substituted commands.

Regards,
    -Chris

• Hi @chrispokorni ,

Thanks for your quick answer.

I am afraid I cannot find the instruction on how to create user through a different command.

I would be grateful if you could kindly let me know in which lesson this information is provided.

I have just reviewed from Lesson 10, lessons "Authentication, Authorization and Admission Demo Guide (1-6)" as well as the demo video "Demo: Authentication and Authorization" , but I could not find it.

I do not aim to deviate from the provided instructions, and if I did I apologise, it was not on purpose.

Sincerly,

Josep Maria

• Hi @chrispokorni ,

True, both video and guidelines use the command :

$ sudo useradd -s /bin/bash bob

Unfortunately, when running Kubernetes from macos, this command is not accepted.

On my former message I had sent a snapshot of an alternative command I tried (without success) to overcome the problem I am facing with "sudo useradd".

Categories

Upcoming Training