Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Jenkins loading times

chrisanich
chrisanich Posts: 10
edited September 1 in LFS261 Class Forum

Hey, everybody,

Every time I want to run a Jenkins container, I am great the first time. But if I go to sleep and turn on the machine again, Jenkins runs extremely slow and I cannot complete the assignment and have to start again. I do not know if there is some plugin or something in the Jenkins version we are using that is causing this problem. I cannot find any information about this, which is a really serious problem for CI/CD workflow.
Besides, how could I know my mentor's email, it has been impossible to find it.
I appreciate a lot your help.

Christopher Anich.

Comments

• Hi Christopher,

What engine are you running? I searched for "docker container runs slow after hibernation" and I found a lot of issues. So, in general I think the idea is to have a server for running Jenkins. A server that won't sleep until the pipelines are finished. So, I guess it's not a production system, right? But in any case it would be better if you got a server to work on, than your own computer that will hibernate when the tasks are not finished yet.

Regards,
    Luis.

• Thank you very much, Luis. Yes, that is the problem. I am not in a production environment, just learning, so, when I stop now, I prepare Jenkins to be stopped to then, stop the Docker containers. I created a volume in my host computer from the Docker-Compose file and it worked.
    I haven't seen your message. Nice to meet you!

• Hi Christopher,

Ok, so you have a workaround in place, that's good :)

Many regards,
    Luis.

Categories

Upcoming Training