Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Hyper-V based set-up

Options

Hi all, am fairly new here! Writing here asking for some tips and tricks before I attempt to clear more labs.

For those using Hyper-V VMs, how much resources do you allocate for the CP and node? Is there a specific image that made the process of setting up the lab easier? e.g. images

Personally I am attempting lab 3.1 and I am kind of stucked despite having a 32gb VM that has 8gb RAM and 6vCPU for the CP(space issue might delete later, idk).

Any tips/advice from those who have completed the labs with hyper-V would be very helpful!

I'm also hoping to document my process on github so that it'd be easier to git clone from. If anyone got similar resources do share as well!

Answers

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,189
    edited April 29
    Options

Hi @boobug,

Based on the lab guide recommendations, each VM should have 2 CPUs, 8 GB RAM, minimum of 20 GB disk space fully allocated (as opposed to incremental/dynamically allocated). At a minimum a single bridged network adapter per VM will suffice, with all ingress (inbound) traffic allowed from all sources, to all destination ports, all protocols.

The recommended OS is the Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, ideally retrieved from the official download page. The images referenced above have been prepared and curated for other courses, not recommended for the Kubernetes course.

Regards,
    -Chris

Categories

Upcoming Training