Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

CKS - PSI Secure Browser Problems

Options
malongob
malongob Posts: 1
edited April 21 in LFS260 Class Forum

Hi, sorry, I really appreciate your work at the Linux Foundation, but I think you should review the exam process, because doing an exam with the Linux Foundation is becoming really stressful and frustrating. It's really difficult, not for the content, but for the exam process and the tool used, that is PSI Secure browser. Yesterday I did the CKS exam, I spent a lot of time with the preparation, also before doing the exam I had done multiple times all the required system checks, without any problem, I started the exam without problems, but after a while the PSI browser started to restart because it was saying there was a program it wasn’t able to terminate. This happened 3 times, after every time I had to reconnect, do again the check in process, I contacted technical support, but they weren’t able to help me, because they weren’t able to remote control my deskop. I undestand that there could be technical problems, but these technical problems should arise in the system checks before the exam, not during the exam, if someone does all the required system checks before the exam, that person expects to complete the exam without problems or at least to stop the timer to solve the problem. Today I've received the results, obviously I haven't passed the exam, because I hadn't time to complete it. This is my first tentative for the CKS exam, I still have another retake, but I opened I ticket to the support team, hoping they will give me another tentative, because it wasn't my fault. Thanks.

Comments

• mstepien
    mstepien Posts: 431
    Options

Hi @malongob,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. Our Customer Support team will be able to assist you. Please note that it can take several business days (no holidays or weekends) for the Support team to respond, depending on the volume. Thank you for your patience while they work to assist all students.

Best regards,
    Magda
    The Linux Foundation Training Team

Categories

Upcoming Training