Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Issue with CKAD online exam and support portal

Options

While taking CKAD exam today 06-04-2024, after 50 minutes, my test window showed a popup regarding network slowness and then after a few seconds, entire portal got closed automatically. Note that I was connected via LAN cable and there was good connection speed. There is no way to relaunch or continue the exam. Tried to connect the support team for opening a ticket, but even that site (https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/servicedesk/customer/portal/15) is down with error "Jira is down for scheduled maintenance."

Status from https://status.linuxfoundation.org/incidents/lkgts7qtkn4b , says maintenance Details:
Date: Friday, April 5th, 2024
Time: 3:00 PM PDT, 10PM UTC

It seems like due to the maintenance work at Linux foundation portals, this issue has happened.
Please address this issue urgently and provide option to re-take the test.

Answers

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,919
    Options

Hi @prajeeshvg

Once the JIRA maintenance ends, you will be able to submit a ticket. Please note that response time can take several business days (no weekends or holidays included). However, rest assured that once the LF Customer Support team will assign your ticket, they will assist you in rescheduling the retake.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Flavia

Linux Foundation Training Team

• prajeeshvg
    prajeeshvg Posts: 2
    Options

Hi Flavia,

Thanks for the reply. However, I want to still highlight that its quite awful experience with the PSI browser used for the test. This is my 2nd attempt for the exam. In the 1st time, there was so much lag in copying, typing within terminal and accessing content within the browser, due to which I couldn't complete the test. When I raised a ticket, got a response from customer support after several days that its due to my internet wifi connection latency. I took the 2nd test today with a LAN cable connection and it has 900mbps speed. Still the test dropped in between. Please understand that, apart from the payment done for the exam, there is so much time & effort going into preparation. All that is being wasted. Please make sure that the test environment is capable of handling requirement and provides a flawless user experience.

I've attended the test from Denmark. When such issue happens, there should be an immediate support mechanism. Unfortunately, there is no helpdesk phone number published on the exam portal and only option is to raise ticket and wait many days for the assistance!

I will open support request once that is available. So far no luck.

Thanks,
    Prajeesh

Categories

Upcoming Training