Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Retake exam due to PSI issues

Options
marco.ferretti
marco.ferretti Posts: 15
edited February 21 in LFD259 Class Forum

I was taking my exam this very morning and got several issues
First, my keyboard was misconfigured: somehow, in the PSI secure browser, the keyboard was configured with an italian layout while I have an US layout keyboard. Within the remote desktop the keyboard was configured correctly, nonetheless the keys where messed up.
After talking to the proctor for a couple of minutes i asked to change the keyboard, at that point everything froze and the only thing I could do was to turn off the pc (nothing worked, mouse froze, keyboard froze).
I reconnected, went through the identification process again and restarted the exam.
After approx. 10 minutes the screen froze again.
At that point I contacted PSI customer support which offered me to retake the exam. I accepted only to get disconnected from the phone call.
I was called back after a couple of minutes only to find out, after 15 more minutes on the phone, that what the person on the other side was offering to guide me to open a ticket to LF to ask to retake the exam.
Had I know that I was going to waste more time I would have probably taken my chances and go through the identification process again.
I don't really feel that this should have happened as it's not a udemy 20$ certification: one expects more stability from LF

Since this was my retake, and my ticket expires tomorrow, I really hope I can retake the exam, but I don't have much hope for that as it usually takes more than a couple of days only to see someone reading your jira ticket

Answers

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,912
    Options

Hi @marco.ferretti

We apologize for the issues encountered during the exam. If you already opened a ticket with the Linux Foundation Customer Support team, rest assured that they will assist you in rescheduling your exam and provide an extension.

Regards,

Flavia

The Linux Foundation Training Team

Categories

Upcoming Training