Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Learning content lfs207

Options

I have seen that in current learning, there is a lack of content that was there a few months ago. SSL, Docker, Virtualization, and others. For what reason?

Answers

• luisviveropena
    Options

Hi @yperez,

I just checked on LFS207 and we have Chapter 18 Container Overview with information about Docker. Virtualization documentation can be found on Chapter 11 of LFS203, SSL can be found on Chapter 7 HTTP Servers of LFS211.

So, perhaps you got confused about where the content is.

Regards,
    Luis.

• yperez
    Options

Hello, @luisviveropena.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Yes, this docker, I have seen it before writing on the forum. But I am very sure that before it had more content such as Postman etc.

About the remaining content you explain to me that it is in LFS203 and LFS211, but I have been evaluated, and it is very sure that that content before was in the Elearning of LFS207 since I have my notes and solution files downloaded. In addition, I have been evaluated NTP server that was also there and no longer.

Where is that missing content?

Thanks!!!

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,917
    Options

Hi @yperez

Content was updated June 30, 2023, and yes, some content was removed and some added. This was done in both LFS203 and LFS207, to better differentiate the 2 courses, and align them with exam domains and competencies.

Regards,
    Flavia

• yperez
    Options

Hi @fcioanca

Thank you very much for your quick response.

But I don't understand why I have been examined content that no longer corresponds to LSF207 and to which I do not have access because I am in LSF203, and that I haven't prepared for it.

Thanks!!

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,917
    Options

Courses are not static, and they continue to be updated. The course maintainers are the ones deciding what needs to be updated, removed, added. In addition, there is a firewall between the training and certification teams, so we do not have insight into what is in the exams. On the training side, we only have access to the public domains and competencies, just like you.

• yperez
    Options

Thansk @fcioanca

I understand perfectly. However, I have created a ticket to the Certification Team, since most of the content where I have failed is precisely the one that is no longer there and has evaluated me.

Thank you very much.

• ansmn1974
    Options

You are not alone. And i will never put my money again in this linux foundation, they test us in situations where are not in the course. i failed the LFCT and the simulator they gave us has nothing to do with the LFCS exam. i feel i was robbed and i really regret paying. If i do not pass the LFCS exam i am moving to comptia linux+ instead.

Categories

Upcoming Training