Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Frameworks for Certification: Beyond ExpressJS and Fastify?

Options

Hey everyone,

I've been prepping for the Node.js Certification using the e-Learning Guide LFW212. For my frontend/full-stack development, I've been working with Nuxt3, and for my APIs, I've primarily used NestJS (not to be confused with NextJS!). Both frameworks utilize Typescript and involve a compilation step. However, I've encountered an issue when running the provided test scripts. Sometimes these scripts time out and fail due to the time taken by the compilation step between Typescript and JS. After adjusting the timeouts, I consistently get positive results, which suggests that the issue lies with the test scripts rather than my application code.

In another thread, I read that the exam results will be auto-tested, and I'm concerned that this might lead to a negative certification outcome due to these test scripts hitting their timeouts.

So, my questions are:

• For the certification, can we use frameworks like Nuxt3 and NestJS, or should I strictly adhere to ExpressJS and Fastify as recommended in the LFW212 guide?

• Has anyone here worked with Nuxt3 or NestJS in the context of the LFW212 and can offer some advice, particularly concerning the test scripts and their timeouts?

• Obviously, the safest route is to choose Fastify for the exam, even though I wouldn't use it in my day-to-day work. Do I really need to learn Fastify just for this exam?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and best regards,

Alex

Answers

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,919
    Options

Hi @apirsig

Have you consulted the documentation? If your questions have not been answered, please direct all exam-related tickets to the LF Customer Support Team opening a ticket at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org. The forum is meant to be used for course-content related questions only.

Regards,
    Flavia

• apirsig
    Options

Actually it’s stated somewhere in the documentation / elearning guide that your free to choose the framework. What I’m asking is if somebody tried to do it with a different approach other then using express or fastify.

• xdxmxc
    xdxmxc Posts: 148
    edited November 2023
    Options

@apirsig correct, you can use any framework. You can use node core http if you like

as long as it's node, and as long as it's an http server that meets all requirements it will pass

Categories

Upcoming Training